Here’s a couple of my sketchbook drawings from this weekend.
I got some flowers and a pineapple at the supermarket. The flowers where on sale, they were going a bit sad, but I think it makes them more interesting to draw!
I rarely draw studies for my paintings, but I sketch a lot, in fact, anything that is placed in front of me. I guess these can be seen as studies too but they are not intended as preparation for other art work. I am now trying to form a new habit of working 20 minutes a day in this sketchbook because I know the more I do, the more creative I will be.
I’m never really that well prepared, and I am just trying to make them turn out OK. Most of the times the images are jumping from my mind to the sketchbook page, and it never turns out how I imagined it would be, and this make it much more interesting to me.
Find Inspiration in Nature
Here are 6 ideas to help you get some inspiration from nature:
- Go for a walk in a park, a forest, in the countryside, the beach, a mountain, or a lake. Bring your sketchbook and draw everything that looks beautiful and lose track of time for a while.
- Bring your camera in your pocket and photograph the trees, birds, flowers, animals, plants and anything else that is interesting.
- Listening to nature sounds. Maybe you like what i like……. bird sound for drawing. You will find lots of videos on YouTube.
- Draw or paint a scene from an old photo of a forest.
- Find some books about nature, look at the beauty of the oceans, forests, flowers, and caves and then plan what you like to do.
- Buy a new plant or some beautiful flowers and draw it in your sketchbook. (buy flowers that smells good) I fond the nature in the supermarked……LOL
Wishing you magical wonder vibes for the day.
How to be creative? You might also like: