Mango Veggie Quesadillas
An easy recipe for the whole family. Get your kids eating delicious, healthy food that they’ll love with this super tasty, child-friendly recipe.
extra virgin olive oil
4 whole-wheat tortillas
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 or two mango/ or Papaya washed, peeled, and diced
1 red bell pepper, washed and diced
2 cup baby spinach, washed
Sour cream for dipping
Salt and sesame seeds
Garnish: pear and cinnamon
1. Coat medium skillet with olive oil spray. Heat skillet over
2. When skillet is hot, add 1 tortilla and sprinkle 1 c. cheese
evenly on top.
3. Lower heat to medium and let cheese melt for about 1 minute.
4. Add 1/4 mango, 1/4 red bell pepper, and 1 c. spinach. Salt and sesame seeds
5. Using a spatula, fold tortilla in half, reduce heat to low, and let
cook for about 1 minute. Flip over and cook another minute.
6. Remove quesadilla from skillet and place on a cutting board.
Cut into triangles and serve with a dollop of sour cream.
7. Repeat with additional tortillas.
Garnish: roast pear, sprinkle with cinnamon
Needless to say this is a hit in our home. I’d love to hear your healthy favourite recipe!